‘Central Themes in the Narratives of South Asian Diaspora Literature’ is a new edited volume that invites contributors to submit book chapter proposals addressing issues on South Asian Diaspora Literature.
Globalization and migration have created new narrative spaces in which the severing from the umbilical cord of the native land leads to myriad concerns. This has increased the focus on the complex, hybrid space between migrants’ new home countries and place of origin. Described as the movement of people from their places of origin to other lands, the word diaspora now has widespread usage and denotes the dispersal of people from their homeland but inextricably connected to their ethnic identity. The purpose of this anthology is to gather essays on various aspects of South Asian Diaspora literature. The contributions must offer critical approaches to the theme so as to gain perceptive insights into the study of diaspora.
Chapter submissions must be unpublished original works that are not currently under review. Topics may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Homeland versus Hostland
- Representations of Home
- East-West encounters
- Memory and Nostalgia
- Identity crisis
- Tradition and Modernity
- Food, rituals and culture
A 300-word abstract should be submitted as an email attachment to Dr. Chitra Krishnan (email@example.com) / Dr. N Vijaya Lakshmi (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 15, 2018. Please type ‘edited collection on diaspora’ in the subject line.
Final Chapter Submission Information:
- Chapter Length: 3,000-10,000 words (including references)
- Chapter Language: English
- Chapters must include your name, position/title, organization/institution affiliation in author biography.
Important Publisher Information:
- Cambridge Scholars Publishing Contributor Agreement — Cambridge Scholars Publishing’s Contributor Agreement is available by clicking here (PDF).
- Cambridge Scholars Publishing Policies and Guidelines — Cambridge Scholars Publishing requires that bibliographic citations follow Chicago Manual of Style format. For additional manuscript guidelines, please click here (PDF).
- Additional publishing policies and guidelines are available by clicking here.
Abstract Submissions Due: April 15, 2018
Notification of Abstract Submission Decision: May 15, 2018
Deadline for Chapter Submission: July 30, 2018
Notification of Chapter Submission Decision: September 1, 2018
Deadline for Revised Chapter Submission: Will be intimated later
Publication Date: Last quarter of 2018