CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTERS
Information and Communication Technologies in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Industry: An Extensive Outlook
Anukrati Sharma, University of Kota, Rajasthan, India
O.P. Rishi, University of Kota, Rajasthan, India
Cambridge Scholars Publishing, UK
Submission deadline (Chapter Abstract): July 1, 2017
We are delighted to announce the call for book chapters on Information and Communication Technologies in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Industry: An Extensive Outlook. We are hoping you will make this volume immensely beneficial by submitting your valuable contribution.
Information and Communication Technologies in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Industry: An Extensive Outlook will cover the issues, complexities, opportunities and challenges of how information and communication technologies (ITC) are being used in the travel, tourism and hospitality industries. The book will be a comprehensive and extensive effort by the contributors and editors which will cover information and communication technologies, tools, applications and practices in all sectors of the industry including travel intermediaries, food tourism, destinations’ branding, attractions, events promotions, dark tourism and hotels. This book will focus upon the requirements of ITC tools in tourism development. The book will also highlight the various social media that are impacting on the travel, tourism and hospitality industry and reveal the constraints of the same. In the present era tourists are using technologies to support decision making before their trip, during their travels and upon their return. The book will be a good combination of many tourism sectors, niche tourism and the latest technologies, tools and trends of ITC.
We seek potential chapter authors for this upcoming edited book. We welcome contributions covering areas which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Tourism dynamics of e-communication
- Innovations in Information Technology and Tourism
- Impact of Informational Technology on Travel, Tourism and Hospitality
- Role of Mobile Technology in Tourism Development
- Artificial Intelligence Systems for Enchaining Tourism Benefits
- Business and Employment Opportunities through e-tourism marketing
- Internet and Tourism in Asian Countries
- Influencer Marketing for Travel, Tourism and Hospitality
- Internet Marketing Communication in Event Tourism Promotion
- Social Media Marketing Strategies in Travel and Tourism
- Indian Gastronomy and Culinary Tourism Promotions through ITC
- Phenomenon of Tourist Influences and Dark Tourism websites
- Wildlife Conservation and Protection through Technology
- Issues and Perspectives of Digitization in Cultural and Heritage Tourism
- Information Communication Technologies for Rural Tourism Development
- SMART Tourism; Issues, Challenges and Opportunities
- Food Tourism and Online Engagement
- Digital Tourism Out of box strategy for Sustainable Tourism Development
- Re-Defining Destination Branding through Internet
- Website Designing and its Impact on Tourism Destinations
- Case Studies on Emerging Technologies for Travel, Tourism and Hospitality
Chapters should be a maximum of 7,000 words including references. Chapters can be either a case study or theoretical/empirical research. At this stage, the editors would like to receive a chapter abstract of 250-300 words including author details. The chapter abstract submission deadline is 1 July, 2017.
About the Editors
Anukrati Sharma, Ph.D.
Anukrati Sharma Ph.D. is currently Associate Professor in the Faculty of Commerce and Management, University of Kota, Kota Rajasthan, India. Dr. Sharma has worked as an internal trainer and teacher in the management arena. In the year 2015 she got a Research Award by UGC, New Delhi on the topic of Analysis of the Status of Tourism in Hadoti and Shekhawati Region/Circuit (Rajasthan): Opportunities, Challenges and Future Prospectus. Her doctorate degree is in Tourism Marketing from University of Rajasthan and she completed her dissertation research on the topic of Tourism in Rajasthan Progress & Prospects .She has two postgraduate degree specialties-one in International Business ( Masters of International Business) and another in Business Administration ( Masters of Commerce ). Her core subjects are Tourism, Strategic Management, and International Business Management.
She has written 10 books on different subjects titled -Tourism Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, Principles and Practices of Management, Business Communication, Business Law, Advertising, Management, Company Law, Human Resource Management, Strategic Management, International Business and Sales & Distribution. She has two edited books one is titled Tourism Opportunities and Ventures and another is Maximizing Business Performance and Efficiency through Intelligent Systems, under IGI Global. Currently she is working on her book on Events in Asian Countries and Asian Diasporas under Routlegde and Tourism Development & Destination Branding through Content Marketing Strategies and Social Media under Apple Academic Press. She is serving as the Editorial Board Member of 26 reputed National and International Journals. She is also serving as a Reviewer of 17 Journals of National and International repute. She has attended and presented 51 papers in International and National Conferences. She is a member of 17 Professional Bodies.
O.P.Rishi is an Associate Professor and Director Research at University of Kota. His research area of interests includes Artificial Intelligence, Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, and Information Security. He has more than 72 research papers published in National and International Journals. He has presented many papers in International, National and State level conferences and seminars. He is a member of reputed professional bodies. He have a book titled “Maximizing Business Performance and Efficiency through Intelligent Systems” under IGI Global, USA.