International Conference on Transport & Health 2017
June 27 – June 29
ICTH is designed to bridge the gap between scientific investigation and real-world application. This avant-garde experience is guaranteed to make you feel just a little uncomfortable, a little bit curious and possibly change your perspective. Why not take a chance and join us?
CTH is a direct participatory experience. Policy-makers, practitioners and academics from multiple disciplines involved in transport planning and engineering, public health, urban planning, spatial and architectural design, environmental planning, economics and beyond will convene at the Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) Campus Mar located in Barcelona, Spain, 27-29 June 2017, to share their stories of success and failure; build world-wide collaborative friendships; but most importantly, leave inspired! The theme for ICTH 2017-Barcelona is “Changing Perspectives: Health Impacts of Urban & Transport Related Exposures.”
The afternoon of Monday, 26 June 2017, has been set aside as an unconference including the first General Meeting of the Professional Association for Transport & Health (PATH) and an organizational meeting for a proposed book to be published through Cambridge Scholars. During the week of 24 June to 2 July, tickets will be available free of charge to ICTH delegates to experience a ‘Walk with Gaudi’ at the Gaudi Exhibition Center located next to Cathedral Barcelona.
ICTH is the only conference fully dedicated to transport systems and health impacts. Interactive Hot Topic Workshops and abstract presentations (oral, pecha kucha and poster) will be led by cross-disciplinary teams of professionals to demonstrate “how” non-traditional and innovative thinking can lead to creative problem solving.
Here are a few reasons why you should attend ICTH 2017 – Barcelona:
- An opportunity to build a world-wide cross-disciplinary and cross-sector network
- Learn about innovative research and practice programmes
- Interactive/participatory sessions focus on experiential learning
- Supportive team environment encourages the sharing of information and new collaborative relationships
- Accepted abstracts of registered delegates will be published by Elsevier, Journal of Transport & Health in a special issue and available through the ICTH On-Line Programme
- Based on peer-review and ICTH presentation, selected abstract authors will be invited to submit a manuscript to the Journal of Transport & Health for consideration (Publication is not automatic, but will be based on an independent peer review)
- Membership opportunity to the Professional Association for Transport & Health (PATH), which includes dual membership to the Transport & Health Study Group (THSG)
- On-site professional photographer
- Video recorded sessions
- On-line Programme with session PowerPoint presentations
- Two highest scoring abstracts in each of six categories for a total of 12 abstracts will receive a $200 CASH AWARD
- All registered delegates will receive a FREE raffle ticket for the opportunity to win a Brompton Bicycle/Deb Hubsmith Award (MUST be present to win) with additional raffle ticket available on-site for purchase.
- Deb Hubsmith ICTH Registration Fee Scholarship (supported by extra Brompton Bicycle ticket sales during the prior year), applications will be provided.
- Refreshment breaks and lunches are included along with all catered social events
- Unconference to be held Sunday, 26 June including a PATH Annual Meeting and organization of a proposed book published by Cambridge Scholars
- FREE ticket for each registered delegate to experience at ‘Walk with Gaudi’ at the Guadi Exhibition Center located next to Cathedral Barcelona
- Three inspiring keynote sessions (one each day)
- Lunch time walks along the beach
- Welcome Reception (Tuesday evening): Chiringuito, music, food, drink and friendship
- Walking & bicycle tours of Barcelona planned for Wednesday evening
- Yoga on the beach, Tuesday and Thursday mornings
- AND…a lot of enthusiasm and spontaneity!