ISPIM Innovation Management Dissertation Award 2017
Our community relies on the current crop of PhD researchers to develop the insights, theories and tools to shape the future of innovation management thinking and action. The ISPIM Innovation Management Dissertation Award, sponsored by Innovation Leaders and Wiley will reward this endeavour. Authors of the best three dissertations, as selected by the Scientific Panel, will be able to attend the ISPIM Conference in June 2017 for free. Additionally, the winner will receive a prize of EUR 2500, and the runners-up EUR 1500 each, courtesy of Innovation Leaders and Wiley.
Entries from students who completed their PhD or equivalent doctoral degree between 1 January 2016 and 31 December 2016 are welcome. The degree completion date, which must fall in 2016 for the student to be eligible, is the day on which the student completed the final requirement for the degree. It follows, therefore, that the student will have completed all dissertations, coursework, corrections, examinations (oral or written), presentations or indeed any other requirement set by the awarding institution before applying for the ISPIM Award.
The dissertation does not need to have been previously published. Your nationality and location of the degree granting institution have no influence on eligibility. All documents must be in English, except the dissertation, which may be in the original language. However, should the student be short-listed among the three prize candidates, the student will submit a full version of the dissertation in English to remain eligible. ISPIM will not publish or distribute the submitted dissertations to anyone, other than the Scientific Panel members and then only for the purpose of evaluation for the ISPIM Award. The three winners will allow their outline to be published online. Past winner outlines can be viewed at http://www.ispim.org/wp-content/uploads/ispim-dissertation-awards_past_outlines.zip.
The selection panel is chaired by the Head of the Scientific Panel who will appoint additional members as he/she sees fit. Applications that are incomplete will be dismissed. Applications with dissertations that are substantively inappropriate or clearly of insufficient quality will not be retained. A shortlist of best dissertations will be retained from which the best three, including the winner, chosen. Comments and feedback will not be given to authors. The criteria are:
- Impact (30%) Will the results impact a significant area of future innovation practice? Will the results impact a significant area of future innovation research?
- Innovativeness (25%) How innovative is the choice and framing of the dissertation focus? How innovative is the methodological approach?
- Scientific Rigour (25%) Is the focus of the dissertation rigorous? Is the methodology employed rigorous?
- Communication (20%) How well are the results communicated to both business and academia?
All three finalists are obliged to attend the ISPIM Conference and may do so for free. The cost of travel and accommodation will not be covered. The winning author will receive EUR 2500 and each of the two runners-up EUR 1500. It goes without saying that the publicity for their dissertation and benefit of the prestigious nature of the Award are also important awards.
To enter, you must submit:
- An electronic version of your dissertation (.pdf – please see the above language requirements)
- A 1500 word outline of your dissertation (.txt – in English, no graphics/illustrations, includes references and reference list. Use structured headings: Motivation, Structure and Methods, Theoretical implications, Practical implications)
- Your CV (.pdf – in English)
- A completed supporting template letter from your professor or institution (.pdf – use of the template is obligatory: http://www.ispim.org/wp-content/uploads/ispim-dissertation-award_letter_template.rtf).
Candidates should be careful not to identify themselves by self-citation with co-authors in their submitted outline. All materials are to be submitted to http://www.conferencesubmissions.com/award2017/ by 31 January 2017. No late submissions or documents will be accepted. Receipt of submissions will not be acknowledged.
If you have questions about your entry, please contact: email@example.com. Finalists will be notified by the end of April in the year of the Conference.