CALL FOR PAPERS: We invite original research contribution for ICSE-2017 Conference.
ICSE conference is poised to grow up as premier venue for researchers, academics, businesses and standards bodies in sports engineering to come together and discuss latest updates and the future. The proceedings of ICSE will be published by Cambridge Scholars. We are delighted to announce a partnership between the SAGE JCR-ranked, peer-reviewed journal, Journal of Sports Engineering and Technology (JSET) and the 2017 International Conference on Sports Engineering. Selected authors of papers submitted to the Conference will be encouraged to submit their paper to form part of a Special issue in JSET. Selected papers may also be published by Journal of Sports Engineering – Springer Publication.
- Engineering Application
- Data Science
- Code of Practice
(All deadlines refer to Indian Standard time, that is 5 hours & 30 minutes ahead of GMT)
Workshop I – Key dates
- 25 July 2017: End of Early Bird Workshop-I registration.
- Note : Registration is first come first serve basis for limited seats.
Conference & Workshop II – Key dates
- 18 May 2017: Abstract submission last date
- 30 May 2017: Last date of Abstract acceptance notification
- 30 June 2017: Full paper submission last date
- 20 July 2017: Full paper acceptance notification
- 25 July 2017: Full paper revisions last date
- 25 July 2017: Early Bird registration for Workshop I and Conference ends
- 30 Aug. 2017: Last date of conference registration for paper presentation
Additional conference elements
Note: Submission and acceptance dates for all tracks are same. Papers are accepted for following
- Paper presentation
- Posters presentation
- PhD Symposium
Detailed Submission requirements
All submitted papers must:
- be written in English
- contain author names, affiliations, email addresses and contact phone number with country and area code
- be formatted according to the ICSE-2017 Proceedings template with prescribed font size for different sections.
- be in camera ready format in MS-Word or PDF (make sure that the PDF can be viewed on any platform). Files in Postscript (ps) or any other format will not be accepted. MS-Word / PDF files must have all non-standard fonts embedded.
- occupy no more than eight pages, including the abstract and appendices, with one additional page allowed for references (total 9 pages). Over-length papers will be rejected without review. Submissions must be self-contained; ICSE-2017 can not accept or review any supplementary materials.
It is the authors’ responsibility to ensure that their submissions adhere strictly to the required format. Submissions that do not comply with the above guidelines will be rejected without review.
Authors are explicitly discouraged from submitting papers that do not clearly present their contribution with respect to previous works, that contain only incremental results, and that do not provide significant advances over existing approaches.
Papers should be submitted through the ICSE-2017 EasyChair portal.
- Email or fax submissions are not allowed.
- After upload, please check the copy stored on the site.
- Submissions that do not view or print properly may be rejected without a chance to rectify the problem.
The paper title, author names, contact details, and an informative abstract must be submitted electronically by abstract submission last date. Abstract submitted before deadline will normally be processed progressively and the review decision communicated well before subsequent deadlines. Submissions received after the deadline or those that do not meet the length or formatting requirements will not be considered for review.
Policy on multiple submissions
Submissions must represent new and original work by author(s). Concurrent submissions are discouraged. ICSE-2017 will not accept any paper that, at the time of submission, is under review for or has already been published, or accepted for publication, in a journal or another conference.
Authors interested in publication in Journal of Sports Engineering – Springer Publication and Journal of Sports Engineering and Technology – SAGE Publication will be required to submit an updated version of their conference paper in appropriate format, incorporating ideas and feedback received during the conference.
Authors will be required to confirm that their submissions conform to these requirements at the time of submission. And sign copyright transfer form.
The review process will be single-blind, and author names and affiliations should be listed.
Each paper will be reviewed by at least three regular PC members and one track chair. The acceptance decisions will take into account paper novelty, technical depth, elegance, practical or theoretic impact, and presentation.
Papers presented at the conference will be included in the conference proceedings and supplied in digital form with the registration kit. These proceedings shall become part of the ICSE Science and Technology series and published by Cambridge Scholars. The ICSE shall own the copyright of the proceedings. Authors of accepted papers will retain intellectual property rights to their work. Authors may publish updated versions of their papers in other International Journals after the conference has taken place, with due acknowledgement of the conference. Before publication in digital form in conference proceedings, authors will be required to sign statutory copyright release form. Papers can be recommended, based on author’s preference, for publication in Journal of Sports Engineering – Springer Publication and Journal of Sports Engineering and Technology – SAGE Publication.
If your abstract is accepted, please remember:
- Accepted refereed papers, posters, and demos must be presented personally at the conference by an author who is registered to attend.
- All authors must comply with the strict timetable for abstract and full-paper submittal.
- All authors shall take into account reviewers’ recommendations and comply with the review-process within deadlines.
- All authors shall comply with the document entitled “Guidelines for Authors on the Presentation of Manuscripts”.
- The allocation of papers to streams and themes is at the discretion of the conference organizers’ and paper may not be moved to an alternative stream based on any request from author.
- We recommend at least one of the authors of paper to register by the “early bird” last date
Authors will be required to sign and submit Copyright release form at the time their camera-ready submission is due.
We invite research contributions for ICSE-2017 on the track Engineering Application, topics of interests include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Aero-and hydrodynamics
- Analysis and simulation of equipment or athlete
- Analysis of movement
- Design manufacturing and testing of track
- Facility maintenance and sports performance
- Innovation and startup in sports technology
- Sports textile, Materials and modeling
- Mechanics and dynamics of sports equipment
- Simulation and mathematical modeling
- Sports equipment design and testing
- Surface interaction
- Synthesis and analysis of equipment for group and individual sports etc
We invite research contributions for ICSE-2017 on the track Management, topics of interests include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Management and maintenance of infrastructure
- Materials and human material interaction
- Measurement instrumentation and feedback
- Sports infrastructure and facilities (including sports surfaces)
- Stadium and venues design
- Technology management for sport
We invite research contributions for ICSE-2017 on the track Data Science, topics of interests include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Computer supported training and decision support systems
- Computer systems in sports
- Image and video analysis
- Sports analytics & data science
- Virtual reality and internet-of-things
- Wearable technology
Code of Practice
We invite research contributions for ICSE-2017 on the track Code of Practice, topics of interests include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Biomechanics for sports equipment and technology
- Sports injuries related to facilities
- Status review of sports infrastructure (India and abroad)
- Use of engineered aid in training
- Ethical issues in sports and technology
- Gender related technology issues in sports
- Government policy on infrastructures and facilities
- Health fitness and recreation related to infrastructures and facilities
- Performance enhancement through equipment and surfaces
- Rehabilitation and technology
- Ethical issues in sports and other related topics
We invite research contributions in the form of Posters for the ICSE-2017.
The ICSE Poster Track is a forum to foster interactions among researchers and practitioners by allowing them to present their new and innovative work in-progress and discuss one to one with interested party. The poster session will give conference attendees an opportunity to learn novel on-going research projects through informal interactions. The Poster Track covers the same topic areas as the general conference and to be submitted as paper via EasyChair.
Posters track presentations will be peer-reviewed similar to the paper track, based on originality, significance, quality, and clarity. Poster authors are also required to transfer copyright. Accepted poster papers will also be published in conference proceedings. Presenters need to bring their own printed poster in A1 size to present their work during the poster session at the conference. At least one of the authors of an accepted poster track is required to attend the conference and present the poster.
The PhD Symposium will provide a supportive atmosphere for PhD students to present and receive feedback on their ongoing work. Students at different stages in their research will get opportunity to network and discuss their problem statements, goals and results with Industry representatives and Academicians from all over the world.
The PhD Symposium welcomes submissions by PhD candidates working on a topic related to any track of ICSE-2017.
The PhD Symposium is open to all PhD students, full time or part time. PhD students at the beginning stages of their doctoral work are particularly welcome when they have a well-defined problem statement and some ideas about the solution that they would like to discuss. PhD students in a more advanced stage of their work should still have a sufficient time before completing their dissertation will benefit from the symposium experience.
Submissions should be in a paper format. Submissions must be single-author, on the topic of the doctoral work. The name of the supervisor must be clearly marked (« supervised by … ») on the paper, under the author’s name.
Describe the core problem of the PhD and motivation and its relevance and State of the art. Describe related work and proposed approach. Describe how this is novel with respect to existing works. Further sketch the methodology that is (or will be) adopted and, in particular, the approach to be taken for evaluating the results of the work. Any results that have been reached so far may be discussed. Conclude and specify the major items of future work.
In addition, a one-page appendix describing the benefits that would be obtained from attending the PhD Symposium is required. The one-page appendix should include:
- A brief statement by student describing the purpose for attending the PhD Symposium, and providing a list of questions (or topics) the student wishes to have feedback on.
- A brief recommendation by student’s advisor(s).
Submissions must be no longer than 5 pages (excluding the appendix) and must be formatted in the style of the ICSE 2017 submissions. Papers must be in PDF (Adobe’s Portable Document Format) format and must be submitted electronically using EasyChair link. Submissions that do not comply with the formatting guidelines or do not include all the documents will be rejected without review.
Selection and review Process
All submissions will be reviewed by the PhD Symposium Program Committee composed of experienced researchers, who can provide feedback and suggest future research directions. Phd. Symposium authors need not sign copyright transfer document and will not be part of the Conference proceedings. Submission deadlines and registration deadlines will be same as main track papers.
Prof Rajiv Gupta – email@example.com
Prof Navneet Gupta – firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Indresh Kumar – email@example.com